Signs of Spring Photography Competition 2017.
The snowdrops are flowering now, and the March equinox (Monday 20th March) is less than a month away – Spring is on its way, so get ready with your cameras/smartphones for Spring Estate Agent’s ‘Signs of Spring’ Photography Competition 2017!
The winning image from last year, those delightful Bluebells photographed by Rosie Maynard from Chartham, has kept us smiling for the last 12 months. Now, we’re on the lookout for more iconic Spring images to share via social media and grace our walls and website for another year. Are you up for the challenge?
Like last year we have 2 categories – one for the grown-ups, and another for photographers under 18 years old – but in each category we’re looking for talented artists with an eye for that special image which shouts ‘Spring’ in all its glory with a cultural twist. The winner in each category, as chosen by our judges, will receive a canvas print of the photograph – 2 tickets for a walking guided tour of Hulls Old town by Paul Schofield from Tour Hull. www.tourhull.com and have their winning image displayed at Spring Estate Agents for all to see.
Back for the 4th year. Our judges are:
Jerome Whittingham, aka @photomoments, Hull-based professional photographer with an interest in the arts, culture and social issues – and known for his dislike of ‘Instagrot’ and overly processed images.
Rebecca Shipham, aka @shipsandpigs, exhibition designer, Association of Independent Professionals’ ‘Freelancer of the Year 2015’, tinkler of ivories with a good head for heights.
Mr Spring himself – @Springestagents, Director of Spring Estate Agents, lover of nature and any bright colour as long as it’s Yellow.
Here’s how to enter:
- The fun bit – get out there with your camera/smartphone! Look for ‘Signs of Spring’, and remember that whilst we love to see daffodils and sunsets, we’re also very attracted to the quirky and something with a cultural twist.
- All images MUST be taken during Spring 2017, and you MUST be the artist (and therefore own the copyright to the image you enter). We’re happy to accept entries from any UK MAINLAND AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHER.
- Images taken on camera phones are quite acceptable (especially in the ‘Under 18s’ category) but if you send us very small files we may not be able to print your prize if you win!
- Images must be submitted as JPEG digital files, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us your FULL NAME, which age category you’re entering, and make sure we can contact you via email.
- The CLOSING DATE for entries is Midnight on 31st May 2017. Winners will be announced and informed before the end of June.
So, off you go! We’re really looking forward to seeing what you send us. Please do share your adventures with us on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram using the hashtag #SOS2017.